In the process of porting the code...

Dec 2, 2007 at 4:22 PM
And I got to orient.Orthonormalise();
orient is a Matrix... Now, in the jiglib source, there's a function for Orthonormalize, so, do I need to port that function too or is there some function in XNA that does the same thing??

btw I'm porting static mesh collisions (CollDetectBoxStaticMesh.cs)... Is there anything else I need to do to make the static mesh collision working(like adding new code to the collision system) or???
Coordinator
Dec 2, 2007 at 5:35 PM
Iam not sure. Make a // TODO comment where you leave it out. In Math.Transform ApplyTransformationRate iam also not orthornmalizing a matrix. We can change this later.

The xna frameworks doesn't have a function for orthonormalizing a matrix. Maybe its possible to convert the matrix to a quaternion and normalize it and convert it back. But this is slow and ugly and iam not sure that it has the same effect :)

//Quaternion quat = Quaternion.CreateFromRotationMatrix(Orientation);
//quat.Normalize();
//Orientation = Matrix.CreateFromQuaternion(quat);

Does anyone has more knowledge about this?
Dec 2, 2007 at 6:03 PM
Well, we can always convert the Orthonormalise function from jiglib, but without that it seems pretty ok.

Anyways, I've converted the whole CollDetectBoxStaticMesh.cs and some helper static functions needed by it, now only to figure out how to use it and see if it works...
Coordinator
Dec 2, 2007 at 6:44 PM
I added you to the developer list. You should be able to commit your source code with the codeplexclient. Cool to have another person working on JiggleX!
Dec 2, 2007 at 7:06 PM
Thanks! But I think it's best for me to send you the source, and then you upload it...

Static mesh collisions - don't work :( I think it's because I don't know the right way to add the vertices and indices... add me if you got MSN, nemtheem AT hotmail DOT com
Coordinator
Dec 3, 2007 at 8:31 PM
Just send me the code via email.
jigglex@gmail.com

Thanks for your help :) ...