why when import object from 3ds max the object dont match postion of body?

Jan 10, 2008 at 3:07 PM
Hi,

I do a application very very simple, where 1 SphereObject, using a teapot as model is imported in xna with JigLibx...

but, when I import, the teapot appear more far... why?

my object did go modeled in 3ds max and I did use the panda export to export it to xna...

Coordinator
Jan 11, 2008 at 1:31 PM
Where is the problem? translate your teapot mesh to fit the sphere position. (In the sample the collisionSkin of the body gets moved to the center of the mass - that means, that body.position will be the center of mass of your collisionSkin. (Spheres, Boxes, Composites etc.))
Jan 11, 2008 at 4:31 PM
Edited Jan 11, 2008 at 4:51 PM
I do translate geting the position from world of scene of 3ds max (line 3) :

in LoadContent() I write:

1) - teapotModel = Content.Load<Model>("teapot");

2) - teapotPhysic = new BoxObject(this, teapotModel, new Vector3(12, 12, 12), Matrix.Identity, teapotModel.Root.Transform.Translation);

3) - Components.Add(teapotPhysic);

is wrong??? dont should to be automatic, the teapot in the center of boundingbox??

I looked in the transforms of object sphere into of 3ds max... there the transforms are right...

but the teapot (teapotModel) appear out of bouding box of physicbody of teapotModel...

some idea???
Coordinator
Jan 11, 2008 at 6:26 PM
If your 3ds max model is build in the origin try to remove:
collision.ApplyLocalTransform(new Transform(-com, Matrix.Identity));
Jan 11, 2008 at 11:12 PM
hi again,

I would like much of understand a thing...

thorben, my idea is to use the 3ds max as "Level Editor", then my intent is create objects in world of 3dsmax, and when I load the objects, they already will be in your position...

however, I see that when pass the transforms of objects via root.transform, they are ignored...

they are ignored???? is it ??

exist some way the do the objects load in jiglibx already in your transforms???

thanks