car scaling

Jan 26, 2008 at 7:46 PM
hi again!

i have some problems with scaling the different primitives. the most of them are easy to manage, but don´t know how to do it with the car. there is a scale variable, but it only scales the chassis model and not the wheels or the physic body. when i add a scaling matrix to orientation the car flips around.

hope there is a way to do this.

thanks Sp3iky
Jan 27, 2008 at 6:05 PM
Edited Jan 27, 2008 at 6:09 PM
i have found it, but now having big problems to adjust the car settings to fit the new scale factor.

for example: in my project i have to scale it with factor 20. now the problem is, that the car drives really slow. also steering is bad, but changing the steering rate or the other values doesn´t make it better. is there a max velocity value somewhere?

hope someone can help. have to presentate it tomorrow.

cu Sp3iky

edit: perhaps the problem is, i don´t really know, which parameters i have to change. something like a doku would be really nice in future.
Coordinator
Jan 27, 2008 at 9:11 PM
drivetorque should to the trick (in the constructor of the car!)
Jan 27, 2008 at 10:44 PM
hmm tested it, but there is no effect when i higher it, only a small number makes the car slower. the same problem is steering rate and angle. lowering the parameters do something, but i need to speed it up.