Garbage Reduction check in

Coordinator
Mar 31, 2008 at 11:00 PM
I've just made a MAJOR check in, that reduces the garbage produced at runtime by a lot. Still a few places where it is generating garbage but lots have been removed.

Can everybody test it, make sure I haven't introduced any bugs?

Also not completely happy with some of the ways I've reduced garbage, so might refactor them as well.

Known garbage still to do:
Grid Entry
Box Box collision

Anyway give it a try, its a major step towards it being a fast working X360 XNA physics system.

Deano
Apr 1, 2008 at 9:48 AM
Nicely done! Will test it for sure when I get home tonight and get back with results :) Same goes for the new octree for triangle meshes, great news.

Btw. Did see that you've done some work with restraints in the past. Do you have a clue about how to solve my problem?
http://www.codeplex.com/JigLibX/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=24790
Coordinator
Apr 3, 2008 at 2:15 PM
wohoooooo..... cool ;) Will have a look at it!
Coordinator
Apr 12, 2008 at 9:16 PM
More garbage reductions checked in.
BoxBox, Grid Entry and assorted other bits and peices.

Few more left to go but I'm seeing that once settled JigGame with no input is allocating ~3K per second now.

Next check in, should be a garbage free JigGame :D

Some bits have been done a bit nasty, especially when we move to a multi-threaded system... But worry about that another day...
Coordinator
Apr 13, 2008 at 11:47 AM
DeanoC, thank you for the new checkin! Which program do you use to get information about gc?
Coordinator
Apr 13, 2008 at 11:09 PM
noone88, CLR Profiler v2 from MSDN. Takes a bit of work to understand it, but very good once you've got your head around it.