This project is read-only.

Pacejka in C#/XNA/JigLibX form

Apr 3, 2008 at 5:44 PM
For anyone who is interested or can help. I JUST ported the pacejka racer cpp file (circa 2001 >_<) to JigLibX. I am not the best at optimization and I have yet to actually test it out. It compiles at least. My next step is trying to integrate it into the wheels.cs file. If you notice anything that doesn't look right or can be optimized, please let me know. Also, if theres any tips to integrate it into the wheels class, let me know!

Also, I have no idea the real values of RRRAD2DEG or D3EPSILON so I did the best judgement call I could.

Instruction: Add file to the Vehicles folder in the JigLibX project
http://www.slidewaysonline.com/Pacejka.zip
Apr 3, 2008 at 9:21 PM
I've been staring at the Wheels.cs file all day long and I can't make heads or tails of it or how it works. Any help?

I need:
slipangle
slipratio
normalforce
camber
Apr 4, 2008 at 8:59 PM
No one?...

I dont see any code that would help determine camber. I think eventually I will have to add that in. Normal force could be done but I don't get how the weight dist changes as you slam on the brakes or gas it.

Slipangle can be done via: Atan2(sidevel, fwdvel) aka longitude speed vs lat speed to get its slip angle

Slip Ratio is proving to be a pain. Its: ((carspeed - wheelspeed)/carspeed)*100.

Wheelspeed I think is AngVel. I originally thoguht UpSpeed but that seems to be the rate at which the springs compress.

I need car speed but I cant figure out the easiest way to do it. Suggestions?
Apr 11, 2008 at 4:28 PM
I've got basically everything but yaw angle. Anyone have insight as to how to figure that one out?