Joining JigLibX Development

Jan 11, 2009 at 7:34 AM
Hello!

I'm the creator of the Ox Game Engine which leverages JigLibX. I would like to become an active contributor to JigLibX. If this is possible or not, please contact me at bryanedds@yahoo.com . If I can become a contributor, please provide me with the contact information of the current developers. I want to make sure my efforts and understanding is synched up with everyone else :)

Cheers!
Jan 11, 2009 at 7:39 AM
Oh, and a big, big, Big, BiG, BIG thing I want to know in order to be a very productive contributor to JigLibX is the origin of its equations. Where did the author of the original code learn the math / physics needed to implement JigLibX? What books? What articles? Anything that I could get my hands on to increase my understanding of JigLibX is very very very helpful.

Currently I own Eberly's "Game Physics". It's a massive book in terms of mathematical content, but I'm working my way through it :) Slowly :)

Cheers peace!
Jan 12, 2009 at 3:06 AM
Hi Bryan,

I'm Alex, and I don't know the answers to any of your questions, but the developer is on the wiki site's forum as 'noone'

I think his email is jigglex@gmail.com

I just got added as a developer to check in my Body-render-er helper extension, which I haven't done yet.

Anyway, nice to meet you.

Jan 12, 2009 at 3:38 AM
Updated - ok I checked in the body render thing. =)
Jan 12, 2009 at 5:15 PM
Hi Obsidian!

I'll send an e-mail to that addy :)

Thanks!
Coordinator
Jan 13, 2009 at 4:23 PM
hi! congrats bryanedds, you are now a developer :)

go and do something useful to the engine... i will go an make me another coffee...
Coordinator
Jan 13, 2009 at 4:26 PM
>> Oh, and a big, big, Big, BiG, BIG thing I want to know in order to be a very productive contributor to JigLibX is the origin of its equations.

basic physics: easy, ask newton... look at the inertia tensor, integration of forces....
collision: not easy, simple approach in this engine: use collision code for every pair of pritimitves. thats easy and runs fast and you can do *very* much things with it, just by using some of the given primitves.
Jan 14, 2009 at 7:46 PM
Awesome beans!!!

The first thing I'd like to do is apply a little refactoring magic to better C#-ify JigLibX. Anyone already doing this, though?
Jan 14, 2009 at 10:00 PM
Sounds very cool - what are you thinking about changing?
Feb 20, 2009 at 8:58 PM
hello :)

I'd like to help on this project or the ox game engine.

Why I come up with both of those, my understanding of 3D things like that are very poor i think.

So I hope you can tell me where I could come in more handy.

I like to be part of a nice project like those are.
Feb 20, 2009 at 9:29 PM
Hi Goathill,

What I would suggest is getting the SVN repository in anonymous mode and getting familiar with it.  Make a few basic projects and see if you like working with the project.

I can help you get familiar with the basics of things, though I am by no means an expert in anything - just a helpful amateur. ;)

I have a few things to help get people started - I am planning on submitting them "Before the Communi-Board," but maybe you can dry-run them with me first, so I don't reveal my true lack of skills just yet.  I'm moving to a different house this week, so my internet and workspace is in flux, but after the weekend I should be operational again.

If that sounds agreeable to you just let me know!

~Alex

Feb 21, 2009 at 11:17 AM
Hi Alex

thanx for the quick answer.

ok, i will try your tutorials :)

just let me now