Car Physics performance

Mar 7, 2009 at 6:35 PM
hello,

Im using jiglibx for a racing game for a uni project, and i have a couple of issues i cant seem to fix.

The first is the biggest issue, and that is that i cant seem to get a decent set of physics for the car. the issues are

The gravity of the car seems off, it stays in the air far to long and jumps far to heigh.
The turning rate is much to slow, its like driving a truck.
The accelaration is to slow, and so is the breaking.
At height speed the car begins to wobble before spinning out of control on  a flar surface.

Could anyone give me a good example, or explain the values of the car constuctor?

Also, my second issue, is im using heightmap, and because of the size limitations i have 4 heightmaps that are offset to sit next to each other, this has two issues, the first is that the dont line up quite right for some reason, and the second is, that when the car
crosses over from one heightmap to the next, it sometimes spins out of control or jumps as through its hit a bump where there is no bump.

Any help would be great :D

Cheers
Wannabeuk
Mar 7, 2009 at 6:51 PM
Are you using the newest release of JigLibX from...

http://www.codeplex.com/JigLibX/SourceControl/ListDownloadableCommits.aspx

I haven't done anything with car physics myself but know there was a fix for cars wobbling that was fixed a few weeks ago.
Mar 7, 2009 at 7:21 PM
yes im using the newest release from there, and if anything it made it much much worse.